ECCE 2017 - Doctoral Consortium
DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM APPLICATIONS: NEW DEADLINE: MAY 22, 2017, 5 PM (CET).
PhDs students are invited to apply for the ECCE 2017 Doctoral Consortium, which will be held on Tuesday 19 September 2017.
The Doctoral Consortium provides a great opportunity for PhD students to discuss and share experiences and problems with other students and with a panel of experts. It is likely to lead to the generation of new ideas and directions for their research. The ECCE 2017 Doctoral Consortium has the following objectives:
- To provide PhD students with the opportunity to share their research with other students and experts
- To give feedback on the research to the participants
- To give the opportunity to solve issues that PhD students could encounter during their path
- To encourage open and useful discussions
- To provide insights that will help students for the continuation of their research
The Doctoral Consortium will be held on 19th of September at Sliperiet (eng. The Grindery) at Umeå Arts Campus. A map of the campus is available here. The European Association of Cognitive Ergonomics will reimburse the registration fees to all the students accepted for the Doctoral Consortium.
Three experts within the field will provide feedback and guide the discussions during the consortium.
- Mikael Wiberg, Department of informatics, Umeå university
- Anke Dittmar, Institut für Informatik, University of Rostock
- Kai-Florian Richter, Department of computing science, Umeå uiversity
The strongest candidates are PhD students in Human Factors or Ergonomics (or related areas) who can convey their research aims and/or challenges. There are no restrictions on the year of study of the PhD, but preference will be given to students in the early stages due to the opportunity for influence and potential benefits from the feedback of the Doctoral Consortium.
The proposal has to include:
- 2-page summary of the PhD student's work (including aspects such as research context, achievements, future directions and issues experienced).
- 1-page CV
The deadline for submission is May 22 2017, 5 pm.
Submissions should be made through email to the Doctoral Consortium Coordinator Robyn Schimmer (firstname.lastname@example.org). Submissions must be in PDF format.
The Doctoral Consortium committee will review the applications. In the review process particular attention will be given to the topic of the research and how this relates to the main topics of the conference, and to the type and amount of feedback the participant could provide and receive from the Doctoral Consortium. Students from the same institutions can apply, but the committee will try to have the most diverse environment, thus preference will be given to students from different institutions.
Further instructions will be provided with the acceptance notice.
For further information, please contact Robyn Schimmer (email@example.com), Doctoral Consortium coordinator.